Thread: im confused
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 14:13

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Peneb....if you have Dr. Atkins book, I would suggest that you get it out and read, read, read! If you don't have the book, you will be doing yourself a huge favor by buying it and reading it thoroughly. You can get a lot of information from the internet, but the book does a much better job of explaining how this way of eating works and why as well as how to follow the diet properly. Stange as it may sound, especially since we have had "low fat" preached to us for the past couple of decades, the more fat you eat on this WOE, the better. As a matter of fact, with low carb 60-70% of your daily calories should come from fat. It's also been shown that eating dietary cholesterol will not raise your blood cholesterol. In light of that, yes....4 scrambled eggs for breakfast would be just fine. BUT...I'd suggest that you ask yourself if you really need 4 eggs to feel satisfied (not stuffed) or if two or three would suffice. The Atkins diet is not a calorie or portion restricted way of eating (except for carbs), but you are supposed to eat until you are no longer hungry, not until you feel stuffed. The Book also does a very good job of outlining what you can and cannot have and in what amounts. Typically, I have 2 eggs or a few ounces (maybe 3 or so) of some other protein for breakfast, 4 or 5 ounces of protein with a salad for lunch and 5 or 6 ounces of protein with a low carb vegetable for dinner. I snack on cheese and nuts although I've begun to cut back on the nuts because I've found that if they are salted they cause me to retain water and cheese should be limited to no more than 4 ounces a day. Sometimes I also make a batch of Atkins bread or Atkins muffins as a treat and have them with my breakfast or dinner.