View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 15:33

Plan: SBD + Exercise
Stats: 218/211/135 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up variations to the walnuts

My husband and I both enjoy walnuts as a snack. The biggest loss to my taste buds was the salty carbs-chips, fries etc. Not being a pork rind eater either (UGH!), I was searching for something to satisfy my salt tooth on occaision. So here is what I have found.

Melt a little butter and add salt (seasoned or plain). Place the desired amount of nuts in a zip lock, add seasoned, melted butter and shake, shake, shake. Pour out onto a cookie sheet and bake at 200 for about 20 min. I keep an eye on them, because I don't like them too brown. I have also experimented with a couple drops of worcestershire. ( I got this idea from the homemade chex mix I used to enjoy.) Also, I buy my walnuts at a wholesale store for much, much cheaper than what the grocery stores provide. I just keep them in the freezer to help with freshness. If you don't have a wholesale store that carries them, usually buying in the bulk food section is less expensive.

BTW, thanks to Doreen for the info on the Carb content. I thought these were carb free as well. I now have a few more "too good to be true" items to check.