#11   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-02, 09:43
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 195/131/120
BF:
Progress: 85%

Nan,

You really need to make it a point to have AT LEAST 20 carbs daily. Notice I emphasize AT LEAST! It's so important - your hypoglycemia is your body's way of SCREAMING - give me more carbs!!! And, remember - eating too few carbs (as with calories) will put your body in starvation mode, slow your metabolism, and make your weight come off MUCH slower!

I feel like a I need a more complex carb - maybe a piece of crispbread or something. Any thoughts??? Am I eating too much fat?????

A very strange thing about this WOE is that a higher consumption of fat seems to speed weight loss. Many of us, myself included, have found that to be true through personal experience.

As far as your scale not moving - that could be either a result of your metabolism being slowed by too few carbs, your body retaining water because you ARE losing (fat cells hate to shrink - they will retain water in order to keep their size, but this too will pass-hehe), or, if you're exercising, you could be building muscle, which weighs more than fat, but takes up less space. So, take your measurements - they are a much better indicator of success. Nan, I haven't lost a pound in the last 3-4 weeks - NOT ONE. However, I have gone down in inches, and a clothing size during that time.

Take your measurements, and lest us know if you're seeing inches!! Also, keep us posted as far as carb count/hypoglycemia!

anna