View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 06:27

Plan: My own
Stats: 235/186/135
BF:
Progress: 49%
Talking California here I come!

My brother lives in Orange County (Lake Forest, used to be El Toro). I've never been there, so am looking forward to it. The last time I was in America was 1996, and the last time I was in California was January 1988. I was a vegetarian then My brother said I'll be easier to find food for me this trip

As far as staying on track, I hope I'll be reasonably o.k. My mother has been an off-and-on Atkins person for almost 30 years, so is happy of the excuse to not pig out when we are together (BAD habit). My husband is WELL pleased at the thought of me not going crazy on all that American food I so love but cannot now have (-; To be honest, I'm kind of relieved; it was always such a worry, when I wasn't stuffing my face

BTW, I had some Macadamias for breakfast (I do this sort of "testing" on an empty stomach, with no other food) and was FINE, so out of my collection of nuts, it is only the almonds that seem to do me badly (I already knew about cashews-poop). Woo hoo! That helps a LOT! It is nice to know there are snack-y foods/treats that are allowable, that I can find, that I can afford, and that I like. Hmm, that narrows it down just a tad

This is it until I get home, so as we say in my family, yall be sweet and don't fight