#2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 21:17

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Hi Slim

Throw them all away. They're poison.

I have been low-carbing for a little over two months now and can't believe how great I feel. My energy level has skyrocketed, my mood has evened out, I have more stamina, and I've lost 22 pounds to boot.

I went on the Schwarzbein Principle program (SP) to feel better and to help with my poly-cystic ovaries syndrome (PCOS). It's doing all that for me and so much more. I have changed my life and now, instead of looking forward to feeling miserable the rest of my life, I am looking forward to living healthy and happy for the rest of my life.

However, one of the first things I did, because I did make this change for life, was to go through my kitchen and throw away all the foods that no longer fit my way of eating (WOE). I didn't want or need those foods hanging around.

One warning though, the first week or two you may feel tired and low on bloodsugar. That's because your body is learning how to use fat and protein to supply it's energy needs (much more efficient in the long run). But while it is adjusting, you may not feel like it's working. Once you get over the hump, though, you will notice that your strength, energy, and mood are better than they have been in years.

I feel better than I did when I was a teenager!

One last thing. I have a friend who started SP over 10 months ago. She initially wanted to lose 10 pounds on top of improving her health (high cholesterol, etc.). She hasn't lost an ounce, probably because she gained muscle mass to offset. However, she has gained all the health benefits she expected and would never go back to her low-fat, high-carb way of eating again. She and I are the low-carb preachers at work ;0.

So, good luck, Slim, and welcome to the forum. I am sure you will do well.

:-Deb