Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 14:43
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally posted by alto
Just curious -- why sockeye salmon? (I'm ignorant of kinds of salmon. I've only bought filets -- it's the only fish I'm brave enough to cook -- and I have a choice between Icelandic and something else. I get the Icelandic )
Any type of canned salmon or tuna will do, whatever you have in your cupboard is fine I only used those as examples for the nutrient counts ... and because it's what I used

You make a good point .. I'll go back and add a *note* that the counts may vary depending on type of fish used. The carb count may also vary a bit too, depending on the seasonings used.

Alto, I still remember my Home Ec. classes in highschool, and the whole chapter on different types of fish. At home we had tuna, and we had salmon, there were no "types". My mother was ready to throw me out of the house because I was coming home from school with my textbook open, pointing out that we should've been eating different types!

Check out this article from allRecipes.com for a quick and easy read about the different varieties of salmon.

Doreen