View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-02, 14:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/225/130
BF:
Progress: 8%

Sugarless Stop waffles?, tompoes? WOW!, thats my kind of cookin. I never had a sweet tooth till I moved here.

I know what you mean about lack of time though. I have to travel 2 hours by train and bus to get to work in Utrecht and it means I have to be up at 4.45am, I make sure I leave early enough to get home by 6.30pm but I often can't be bothered to cook something by then. I hear you ask " is she serious" (if my Dutch was better I might be able to get a job locally, but as it is I work for an international company so Dutch is not compulsory )

Hubby generally cooks T for the kids so I'm lucky there, but like you I do take some of those knorr boullion cup a soup things to work and they fill a hole (rather large one ). What I've been taking to work a lot lately is egg mayo with bacon which I seem to be hooked on. On my first Atkins 'attempt' I ate chicken, cheese, cucumber, 1/2 tomato and egg all mixed in mayo every day for lunch - for a whole month! Now I can't face it, how clever is that? I definitely want to try the stamppot with turnip or swede, it sounds delish, not forgetting the rookworst.
Unfortunately we can only get turnip, swede and kale here in the winter so I try to freeze what I can.

It's times like this I sometimes wish we lived in America or Canada where things seem so much more available/accesible. talking of which, there is a company here which makes a spice/seasoning mix for boerenkool stamppot, andijve stamppot and also hutspot. If you should ever have the yearning it wouldn't be any trouble to pop a couple in the post.

Don't forget me when you publish your recipes

Dutchgirl2