Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 17:20

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: i am struggling, too...

Quote:
Originally posted by KeriQT
i've been on Atkin's for about three weeks, stopping and starting once or twice. I've only lost about 8 # and i'm not sure why. i decided to be the MOST strict starting today and going till Sunday (by doing Induction). If i haven't lost at least 5 lbs by then, then i don't think this diet's for me.

You just answered your own question, Keri. Starting and stopping will only succeed in confusing your body to the point where not even Induction level carbs will work for you. Either LC or don't - but at least give it an honest try. Do Induction for 2 weeks as written, by the book, to the letter and then decide if this 'diet' is for you. During this time get your hands on as much information as you can about LC and make the decision as to whether you can see yourself eating this way for the rest of your life. LC as a WOL is the only way it will work - we must change our behaviour and learn a new way to eat. The old one obviously didn't work, or none of us would be here If Atkins isnt the plan for you then maybe something else is - check out the link in the right hand margin "Which LC plan is right for me?"

Nat