View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 13:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/133.5/125
BF:37/34/28
Progress: 57%
Default Hypoglycemia - afraid to move on.

I am on Atkins and using Induction for the fourth week (the first two were a write off due to many errors). I did have a major 'cheat' this weekend. Anyway I'm down to my last 9lbs but I have been feeling very weak and have a constant headache. I know this is not withdrawal as I have been LC'ing since January.

A few times I have gone into what I now know to be hypoglycemic shock. My doctor prescribed a glucometer for me today to start tracking my sugar and indicated that hypoglycemia can be controlled by diet and that I will have to add some carbs.

When I felt like my sugars are i have tried to eat a LC proper snack or meal - but it doesn't seem to help - at least not fast enough. I carry dextrose pills with me and to my dismay I had to use one today at work as nothing was working and I was feeling like I was going to pass out!

Here's my question, I think I should up my carb intake - by moving onto OWL. With 9lbs to lose I'm afraid that I will stall out. As anyone made this transition lately? How did it go? Does anyone have any other experiences with hypoglycemia similar to mine
Sponsored Links