#12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 08:14
Registered Member

Plan: paleo etc.
Stats: 212/199/135
BF:
Progress: 17%
Unhappy i've failed!

Liv, i'm sorry, i've been trying to compile that comparison chart of fruits and veggies, but there's just too much info! Along with calories, fiber, carbohydrate, fat, protein, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, etc., there's also dozens and dozens of phytochemicals, chellated minerals, colloidal minerals, trace minerals, antioxidants, lutein, amino acids, enzymes, etc. etc. etc. and they're all important for optimum health!

Seems like every day science is discovering new stuff they didn't even realize was in fruits and veggies and how essential it is for human health -- like a couple of days ago i happened to read a magazine article about how scientists just recently discovered that elderberries contain a super-powerful enzyme that they never heard of before but apparently it's another one of those "highly essential" things

I'm frustrated because i don't know how to chart these nearly 100 variables in any manageable way -- i think what i need is a database, and i can't find one -- yet.

I'll keep looking, but at this point i'm going to have to admit defeat, and i feel really terrible about it, 'cause i know i've let you down. I'm so sorry!

Let's take Razzle's advice and just try to eat a wide variety of fresh veggies and fruits, and trust that this variety is going to provide us with an optimum level of nutrients.

Really sorry, 'cause i sure thought it'd be easy to create a comparison chart.

Hugs anyway!
foodie