#3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 06:42

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Arrow

Hi BurkeyB

Congratulations on your weight loss so far. I know what you have described must be frustrating, but hang on in there.

From reading many of the posts over time it is quite usual for the weight loss in week 2 to be minimal or even negative. I lost 6 pounds in the first week and then just 1 in the second. This is all part of your body adjusting to its new food resources. Stick with it and the weight will begin to fall away.

You wondered why your weight was fluctuating during the day. This is normal and you should always weight yourself first thing in the morning after having a "wee". This is when you are at your lightest. I find that I weight 3 or 4 pounds more when I go to bed than I do first thing in the morning. Some of the loss is from water vapour that you breath out during the night, as well as the obvious trips to the lou.

Loosing weight from your face first is very common. I think that is rather nice as it makes you look better straight away. I had not thought about it before, but I also lost weight from my wrist. It is difficult to programme where you want the weight to go from, but as you loose more it will certainly come off of your tummy first. I have lost quite a bit from there and around the bust. Whilst your body will redistribute the fat around your body as your weight changes the best way to make a difference is to do exercises to tone up the muscles, such as resistance training. Since doing body pump classes at the start of the year my general muscle structre has improved a lot.

Keep faith and keep going, it will all come right in the end.