View Single Post
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 16:56

Plan: Neanderthin
Stats: 269/176/165 Male 68"
BF:55+%/23%/15%
Progress: 89%
Talking So what?

So, maybe you are a failure...in the short run...so what? What truly determines a failure is not getting back up after falling down and just laying there in your sweat. One of the greatest "failures" I ever remember was at a 10,000 meter race. The guy leading was tripped by the guy right behind him. His leg got cut really bad. He fell down and got all scraped up and layed there for a long time holding his leg. Everybody felt real bad. Poor guy. Just when he seemed to have the race in the bag, and all. We expected him to limp off the field to his trainer and fall into his arms, sobbing. But, instead, after a while he got back up, just as they were coming around and the the guy who tripped him had to jump over him to keep running. That guy went on to win the race. But, I'll bet not one person who saw that race can remember the guy who won. But not one of the thousands 2who watched will ever forget the way that "loser" got back up and with his leg bleeding profusely, ran another 1000 meters in dead last place. We were on our feet cheering like wild animals when he limped across the finish line and crumpled into a pile of pain and anguish a few yards beyond. He had run the race of his lifetime. It was the most inspiring thing I ever witnessed. It taught me that you're not a loser, or a failure if you get back up and make your supreme effort to finish the race.