View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 15:31

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Substitutions

I'm a great substituter. I love to ask if I can have vegetables instead of rice or potatoes. Then when I ask for extra butter or sourcream they look at me like I'm crazy. Also, asking for oil and vinegar... Their first thought when you start asking for veges instead of rice and potatoes is that you are "dieting." Then when you ask for "non-diet" foods, including a "high fat" dressing like oil and vinegar, they get so confused. It's fun. It's also fun getting what I want.

I don't fly much, especially not long trips, but I try to carry beef jerky. If there's nothing I can have on the flight, 1 ounce of beef jerky is equivalent to 4 ounces of meat. Eat it with lots of water and maybe some cheese or nuts and you're set. Plus beef jerky doesn't need to be refrigerated, so on a long trip, it's a great standby. And I make my own so I know what's in it.

My real challenge is going to be my 3-weeks camping vacation with my parents in September. They are following The Zone, which is not low enough carb for me. However, they seem to be amenable to my cooking for them while we are camping that I may convert them. The Zone is not really working for them.

;-Deb