View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 13:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default This is truly a horrible thing to do.

My brother was always heavy and he was in the Army Reserves and had only a few years until he could retire. They told him that he would have to lose weight or he would be out before he received his retirement. So he had the operation. I never knew my brother to be thin, but when I saw him after the surgery, he looked like a skeleton. He said all he could keep down was ice cream, creamed soups and potato chips. I guess the fats would coat his stomach. Well, maybe this was all unrelated, but he got throat cancer and was in the hospital for 3 months waiting for surgery on his throat, but he was too weak and sick. He passed away just days after my son was born.

I also remember Montel Williams had women on his show one time that had had the surgery. A young woman wanted to do it and he interviewed her first and sent her to the green room to listen to the other women. One woman walked with crutches and leg braces, because the weight loss had eaten all the muscles in her legs. It was only through intensive pt that she was even able to walk again, but will always have the braces and crutches. Another young woman was crying because she had small children and she knew she was dying. She could keep no food down and was starving to death. A third was still in the losing stages and she was thrilled with the progress. I can't remember the fourth. I'll never forget that show, because when he brought the first woman back out, she still was determined to have it done.

Cherio, I hope your sister reconsiders it. Of course she sees stories like Carni Wilson and thinks that life would be perfect, but that web site was an eye opener. I hope they get it back up and running. The pictures of her getting slimmer were amazing. She looked like a different woman. And the pictures of her naked body after all the surgeries were as firm and tight as my 21 year old daughter, but the pain and scars must have been awful to bear. Even she, at first, was saying it was wonderful and she would recommend it, but as time went on, she said she would only recommend it for severly obese people. I'm sure she could see the mistake. What a horrible way to die!