View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 12:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post I considered it...

When I saw my doctor in early January, he told me it was time to consider the surgery...

...and that he would handle all the necessary insurance forms for me. He told me his brother (who weighed 450) had just had the surgery and had lost 85lbs super fast. He told me the surgery is 99% safe and effective and that it would probably save my life.
I really like my doctor, so I followed his advice and did some research. He also told me he would hook me up with local folks who had the surgery so that I could learn more about it.

I visited many web sites and read as much as I could. I decided to gave myself one more chance to get things under control. And that's when I began Atkins and LCing again and so far I'm down 56.5lbs in just 3 months.

I was really scared by the recovery stories I read and by the idea of never eating normally again. I also read about pain people get when food that hasn't been adequetly chewed gets lodged in the tiny opening that it passes through on its way out. Or about having to have the surgery again in future years to make sure things are still OK from earlier surgeries.

But I also recognize that there are at least 2 sides to every issue. Lots of people have benefited from surgery. Like all of the issues raised here, it's wrorth educating ourselves about.

Donald