Thread: Greetings All
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 12:54

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

It sounds like you are identifying your probably problems and are formulating a plan of action to address them. You're on the way.

A couple of misconceptions about Atkins - while you give up fruits for a while, you do NOT give up veggies. They are a required part of the program. Even on Induction, you should be eating three cups from the allowed veggies list (which is reasonably long) and that only increases as you get past Induction. Most people (myself included) actually eat more veggies on Atkins then they were when eating "normally". In fact, I have even done something I thought would never happen - developed a taste for green beans! Smothered in butter, of course.

Also, exercise is very important. As Dr. A himself states, if you aren't exercising, you aren't doing Atkins. I suspect that most of the other LC plans are pretty similar.

Yeah, getting an exercise program together, even a simple walking one, is difficult. I know. I've only just succeeded at it by taking the rather drastic step of committing to Body For Life. But it became pretty obvious to me that this was the only way I was actually going to do it.

Keep the Faith!