View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-06-02, 10:19

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hello, I have been on induction for 2 months now and just now starting to move up... Even though after my first intial 2 weeks of induction were strick The rest has been still strick but less strick.. I ws told what i was doing was called a modified induction.. I eat move green vegies and salads.. but with fiber subtracted I still matained under 20-25 carbs a day.. I have added 1/4 cup berries or what the books says is a serving.. and have had a few nuts during this time and still maintained the 20-25 carb count.. Alot of the greenvegies i eat have lots of fiber like cabbage collards and green beans.. I have read in the book that you can stay on induction for a bit longer ezspecialy if you think you are not ready for the next phase.. due to you dont feel controlled enough to handle the next phase or if you have alot of weight to loose, or if you have difficulty loosing weight.. its on page 159 of the new diet revolution book by dr atkins.. But he also points out we will need to graduate eventualy upward to be able to maintain a way of life.. If you feel you need to stay on induction for a bit longer then its fine.. Or if you feel you just need that extra bit of food add an extra vegie that is high in carbs and fiber.. like collards, greens of some sort, brohlie, okra,or some summer squash...
After fiber subtracted they only will count for like another 2-5 carbs a day..

I realy dont know much for the low blood sugar.. I would probaly not add the berries at this point though. Just mabe an extra vegie..

Mabe an experienced member will come along and know more about it than I do... Sorry if i wasnt much help..

Good luck
Tammy