View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 13:55

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Try cucumbers in place of the lettuce.. cucumbers are on the salad list foods you can eat.. so is mushrooms, peppers, chives and celery and more.... Some times i eat a cup of cucumbers instead of the lettuce.. by the book it counts as a salad because its in the salad food list.... and very low incarbs.. and a good change sometimes. Or take and make a salad with different kinds of lettuce and put sautaeed mushrooms on top with soem tomatoes and a dash of parmasean cheese ... Another way you can get your lettuce in is by creating a taco salad... I take ground hamburger and season it with a little garlic powder and pepper and dash of salt dont want ot over salt. Blend with cup of lettuce tomatoes cheese sour cream and black olives sounds weird but is great.. and wala you have meat salad some vegies and fat....

Joan I was told that once off induction I can increase my carbs by 5 grams a week or every two weeks by adding more vegies in or mabe a few nuts or some berries but make sure you add the berries with some heavy cream... or somethign incase you are insulan sensitive.... I learned that today... I find thathte extra vegie is great...