Thread: Calories
View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-02, 09:17

Plan: PP
Stats: 169/146/135
BF:
Progress: 68%

Razzle, you are so right! It is exactly what they try to engender. I think the thing that frustrates me the most is that the majority of people, when comparing the average woman with a fashion model, will state (when it all comes down to it) that the latter is beautiful and the former healthy. It sort of gives me the impression that to be healthy, you'll end up looking "good but not as good as they do." IMO, though, fashion models have the bodies of 13 year-old girls, not grown women (minus the help from our friends, the "plastics"). A close to 6-foot model weighs less than my goal weight so that for a 5'6" woman, I don't feel that my goal is at all unrealistic. When I first started this woe, my goal was 125 but I realized that what I really want is to look like a woman, not a child. I would like to be at about 20-21% body fat. I'm 24-25% now. But that's using those tables so I'll take your advice and have someone test with calipers. I have already added weight training but haven't been at all consistent with it. Need to work on that too. I love the strength and energy I get from lifting weights more than anything else!

I appreciate all your advice.

Tara