View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 16:56

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

PMS...

Hang in there. It's not at all unusual to loose very quickly the first few weeks and then hit a plateau. You body needs time every so often to "catch it's breath" so to speak. Unfortunately, as women, our hormones are stacked against us. Many women find that they loose well the first two weeks after their TOM, then don't loose any more until after their next TOM. It's all tied to the hormone fluctuations that go on in our bodies during our regular cycles and there isn't really a whole lot that we can do about it. Many also find that they don't show themselves to be in ketosis just before or during their TOM. Be patient and stick with the program. Things will start moving again and until they do, you are still getting some great health benefits from this WOL. Drinking the water is very important. I was never a water drinker until I started this WOE and it was hard for me at first, too. I started by filling a 1 liter water bottle in the morning and making myself finish it before lunch. At lunch I would fill it again and make myself finish it before I left work. Now it's habit and I find that I like water far better than most other things and my water bottle is never far from my side. I still like decaf coffee and the occasional glass of Diet Rite, but I mostly stick with water now.