View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 10:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/220/180
BF:
Progress: 18%

I went grocery shopping yesterday to stock up my place with food and stopped at the beverage section. However, there is no information on the bottles or packaging of Guinness to see how many carbs are in one. I didn't get any, won't have a drop for awhile. I browsed some Guinness websites and saw it had a decent amount of protein, but I still couldn't find anything on carbs. We have a microbrewery in town which makes a stout similar to Guinness and this gal I know told me it was fairly low in carbs, so I wonder if Guinness is the same. If anyone has any information on how many carbs in a pint of Guinness that would be swell, otherwise I guess when I get to my later phases I will just have to guess it is 12-15 or so and enjoy one with dinner.

Also, if anyone drinks bottled water, you may want to check out getting a Brita. The tap water around my town is terrible, and it can be cheaper in the long run, I think one filter purifies about 40 gallons of water, and three filters here cost $17. What I do is pour the water from my Brita into bottles and so forth, a huge way to save on buying bottled water all the time.

Jedi