Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 09:42
Registered Member

Plan: paleo etc.
Stats: 212/199/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally posted by razzle
the best fruits for their nutritional wallop are also the lowest carb ones (how nice of it to be designed that way!) --blueberries, all other berries, and canteloupe. Otherwise, to optimize weight loss, choose the most vividly coloured fruit (plums are far more nutritious than apples, for instance) and the tartest fruit (grapefruit rather than oranges).
You do need your veggies, though. If you're only going to eat a serving per day, to optimize nutrients, choose the darkest greens: spinach, kale, beet greens, chard.
Lots of "vegetables" are actually, botanically, fruit: green peppers, tomatoes, squash, eggplant. You might end up liking those more than roots and leaves once you know they're actually fruit.
HTH!

Great info Razzle!

Hey Liv, a great way to "Eat Your Veggies" is SOUP! i never liked kale until today -- all day yesterday and all last night i had simmering on the stove a big pot of home-made pork broth (with lots of fresh garlic and herbs and spices and some green veggies), strained it this morning to obtain just the clear, nutrient-rich broth, then added a whole bunch of raw kale, Italian parsley, leeks, and big chunks of Morels ... WOW. So yummy and nutritious and filling -- great diet food. It was missing something and after tweaking it a bit i realized what it was -- cayenne. Now it's perfect and my tummy is happy