#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 06:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/currently modified anti-candida diet
Stats: 144/137/120
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default had to start over

I guess I was too excited to get started that I didn't read the book good enough the first time, so I have been re-reading. I decided to start over with induction and am going to give this another shot. Hopefully I get it right this time. When I started the first time I lost 4 pounds right away, then didn't lose any, then gained 2 lbs. I have been reading through all the posts and am wondering where I went wrong.
That said, I have been reading a lot about people still counting calories along with the carbs, fat, and protein. I wasn't doing this. I was only watching the carb content. Now I feel calorie cautious. Are there really calorie limits? I thought we weren't supposed to be worried about counting calories.
I started using fitday.com, but I am noticing that the carb contents seem to be a little bit higher that what nutritional content on packages say.
Another problem I seem to be having is that I have always been a big vegetable eater. I have a hard time limiting them just because I like them so much. I am trying to measure them more carefully.
I didn't bother with ketone strips the first time because I lost a few pounds quickly at first, but I bought some last night. Question here is when is the best time to use them. The book said in the evening, but I drink so much water that I wonder if it wouldn't be better in the morning. By the way, Last night I used the first strip and it didn't turn, but this morning it turned slightly. Ok, I guess I answered my own question.
Encouragement right now would be greatly appreciated.
Oh, I usually drink anywhere between 104 - 128 oz. of water. I never have been a big fan of pop or tea.
Sponsored Links