View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 19:21

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

The next time someone chides you for eating a "high protein" diet ask them to define how much protein constitutes "high". Is it 8 ounces a day? How about 12? Sometimes people (even "experts") seem to have the mistaken notion that we are scarfing down 3 t-bones a day along with a dozen eggs and a pound of bacon and nothing else. Atkins could better be defined as a "high fat" diet since fat comprises roughly 60-70% of our daily caloric intake. As for lacking fruits...so what? I get my 5 servings of veggies a day and still stay at 30 grams of carb or less. Something the experts fail to point out or just don't recognize is that the vegetables that are lowest in carb are often highest in fiber and all those antioxidents that they seem to think we are lacking. The numbers don't lie. I'm loosing weight and my bloodwork looks better on this WOE, not to mention that I'm rarely hungry and I haven't felt this good in years. Oh yeah...kindey function? After almost a year on this WOL, it's still perfect.