View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 11:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Welcome Jkrohn! Glad to have you here!

I do a lot of my workouts at home as well, and I find that without a fair bit of equipment, it is definitely harder. I have the individual dumbells (1lb, 3lb, 5lb, 10lb) so I don't have to worry about switching weights on the same dumbell, but I will eventually have to buy heavier ones or at least double up (awkward) if I am going to continue at home. I also have ankle weights which help with the LBWO.

I started my LBWO with a couple of modifications to the exercises. I don't have a barbell, so I did the barbell squats by holding the dumbells up by my shoulders. I used this for my secondary exercise though, because I found I could bear more weight with my shoulders.

The standing leg curls I started with 0lbs and really focused on SQUEEZING the muscles, and I got some burn with just that, and I used my ankle weights (2lb and 5lb) to create resistance and doubled up to increase the intensity...0lbs, 5lbs, 7lbs, 10lbs. With all the SQUEEZING of the muscles I did manage to come close to my 10s, but I think that I will have to come up with a new solution to that problem as the program progresses. I used a chair for balance and it worked out ok. I find that you can really intensify less weight when you really focus on the muscle group you are working on and squeeze those muscles.

I definitely know about the jello legs...no amount of stretching seems to get rid of that! Happy wobbling today, and be careful on those steps!!

Great job on day 3!!

KC