View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 11:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/119/108 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Red face one more question

I am not trying to upset anyone by asking these questions!

I went to my doctor yesterday and she said that "Atkins is OK short term, but is unhealthy long term." The only concrete reason she gave was because high protein diets are really hard on your kidneys, even if you dring lots of water

I am so sick of people doubting this WOL. I have been on low carb diets before, and it seemed like everyone was so *worried* about me - .....was it worry or were people (even unconciously) trying to undermine me?

My eating disorder is something I have suffered from for easily 18 years (I am 31 now and my earliest memory was when I was 13). I am so sick and tired of being sick and tired I am sick of people appeasing me "Oh, you look fine" - I feel like screaming at them "YOU DON'T HAVE TO LIVE INSIDE MY HEAD, do you????!" You have no idea how exhausting and depressing food addiction can be.

I want a solution!! The solution for smoking is unambiguous, simply stop. The solution for drug and alchohol addiction is obvious, STOP! But with food, everyone has a damn opinion and everyone thinks they are right.

I am just so discouraged, frustrated and angry. Everytime I think I have the solution (low carb, no sugar) and I feel RELIEF, some jerk like my doctor feels the need to CONFUSE ME again. I really do feel like crying