View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 08:47

Plan: combo of several
Stats: 276/258/145
BF:
Progress: 14%

Thanks for your replies!! How different is the CALP book than my CAD book? I read somewhere that it is basically the same except that there is more stress on how balanced the reward meal should be.
I don't remember reading the part about the 4g limit, but I easily could have missed it. I lost 1/2 a pound yesterday and my husband gained a pound. It seems Atkins is better for him, but he hates how boring the food is.
I have never had a problem with the nuts I eat causing cravings. The can of macadamias I have has 4 carbs in 1/4 a cup with 3 grams of fiber that net is 1 carb. I usualy only eat about a 1/4c once a day. Do you still get to subtract fiber on this program. Sorry for the stupid questions, but I want to be sure I'm doing this correctly.

Maybe I'm just dumb but I don't understand why this diet is working for me. I'm basicaly eating like I was on Atkins with the exception of the RM. Why is eating that reward meal causing me to loose weight? Do the carbs I consume give my body some sort of super fat burning energy?? Does the CALP book answer these questions and explain it better? If it does I think I'll pick one up.

Again thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it.