View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 07:07

Plan: Jim's modified CALP
Stats: 483/405/220
BF:
Progress: 30%

I think Gracia gives good advice. You kinda have to find what works for you. I recently switched from Atkins to CALP and find that it is much more liveable. At the same time, however, I follow it fairly strictly. The one thing I do that is not a part of the plan, is to not restrict my intake of diet soft drinks. They don't seem to cause me to have cravings, and in fact they actually help keep me regular.

One thing to keep in mind is what the CAD/CALP plans are all about. They are about being in control of your eating by reducing cravings by reducing carb intake. The reward meal (I actually think of it as my "regular" meal) should be where you satisfy your longings for any particular food. I really have no problem eating correctly during my CMs and often I skip breakfast altogether. What keeps me going is knowing that if I'm dying for pizza, I don't have to cheat to have it.

I recommend keeping a journal of the foods you eat and your reaction to them. Fight to be objective about what your body is actually telling you. I, for instance, have discovered I can't have nuts at my CMs....they cause me to want carb-rich foods the rest of the day. On the other hand, artificial sweetners (with the exception of Splenda) don't cause me any problems.

STOP THE CRAVINGS!!!! That is paramount. The cravings are what got you where you are and the cravings can put you right back into a destructive lifestyle.

God Bless,