View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 06:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/220/180
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default A question on Beer, and hello I am new.

Hi everyone. I am new. About a year ago I did a low carb diet and I lost about 25lbs. but then I stopped. While I have not gained back all, I have gained back 15lbs. I have decided to start again on the Atkins diet and make it a way of life. I know for a fact it works, and I even cheated fairly bad.

This morning I have been reading these forums and it gave me the determination to do this. I just finished tossing out all of my bad foods filled with carbs. I have wanted to start back up for awhile, but I move slow. I did that on purpose because some things are hard to break(like soda). Before when I wanted to start a low carb regime, I prepared myself for when I would do it by eliminating a couple things at a time(starting with soda). This made it a lot easier to begin the program, but I am kicking myself now for quiting when I did. From reading what people have wrote here, I see it is very easy to get back into bad habits.

Anyway my question is about beer. When I went on low carbs before my friend told me I couldn't drink any kind of alchohol at all. My question is, if a beer has say 5g of carbs, could I go ahead and have a beer with my dinner as long as I don't exceed my 20g of carbs for a day?

Thanks.

Jedi
Sponsored Links