View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 08:04

Plan: Montignac
Stats: 210/202/160
BF:
Progress: 16%
Smile Thanks for the warm welcome!

It's very kind of you all to welcome me so soon! Thank you!

Since some of you had some questions, and a seemingly sincere interest in my progress for "educational" purposes, I'll do my best to answer you...

1) I see a nephrologist every 3-4 months. I've had kidney issues since I was 7 -- I get recurring stones for no apparent reason and I've had kidney-related high blood pressure since the age of 16. This is why I've always HAD to maintain a rigourous exercise program and very healthy diet (no salt, no dairy other than cottage cheese, sour creme, plain yogurt or some cheeses, lots of greens and lean meats. I also have to drink a minimum of 2 litres of water per day.) I'm not on any meds for the high blood pressure and I'd really like to avoid that but it looks as if they'll soon be prescribed to me anyway due to my age.

I'm also going to be tested for Candida and endometriosis by other health professionals since there are also symptomatic indications that I could be afflicted by one of these as well. But the kidney thing is the major issue.

2) As for the actual plan I've chosen, I'm still looking for the right one and/or the right combination. I'm mostly interested in the Montignac diet though because it is the only diet plan that has been fully endorsed by St. Michaels Hospital. After years of researching this diet, along with several others, their research labs deem it to be the only one that works and that is good for you too. These medical experts don't even endorse the Canadian or US food guides (too much carbs, etc.) so you know they've gotta know what they're doing. (I'm just repeating what was told to me so please don't shoot the messenger! lol)

However, I don't like to do blindly in any given direction, so I'm taking some time to do my own research and digging further into the diet information than what is initially available. I'll definitely let you know once I've settled on a particular plan.

3) Yup, Funky Goddess is my handle on the net (although I think someone else is using it too! Arrrrrgh..... ) It's my way of being a little silly while maintaining optimism within myself. You know... positive reinforcement!

Anyway, I think that's it for now. Hope this all helps. I look forward to digging further into this site and perhaps getting to know some of you too!

FG