Old Wed, Apr-11-01, 07:21
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%
Wink hi Wendy

Wondered where you were, I missed ya.

You'll lose the weight just fine. I think winter has a lot to do with things, for me anyway. For the record, I lost 35 lbs in about 6-1/2 months. Then in December, I gained 12 lbs very quickly as a medication side effect ... when I stopped the meds in January, I just figured the weight would go away as quickly as it came, but it didn't .... Oh well, it's slowly coming off now; when I reach 175 again, then I'll consider myself back on track.

Part of the problem is that I was chronically UNDEReating. I started using Fitday.com to track my food, and discovered I often ate less than 1000 calories a day, average was only 1200 or 1300 a day. Carbs were low too, usually 13 to 15 gm. It was a textbook case of slowed metabolism due to "starvation mode". Since I don't have a big appetite, I've found the easiest thing is to add more FAT in the form of unsaturated oils - olive and flax mostly. I'm also taking new thyroid medication, which I believe is helping as well.

Anyway, my intent for posting this tale of woe (ooh, play on words ) is that others reading it might see that - (1) the weight loss curve isn't always a straight line downward. (2) if you're stuck, a daily food diary can reveal some BIG surprises. (3) eating less can and WILL work against you ... and (4) sh*t happens.

Now, I'd better go eat some breakfast.

Doreen