Old Mon, Apr-01-02, 09:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/192/150
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally posted by Lisa N
Everyone's different, of course, but my "just this one special occasion" turned into a big binge for me. Lesson learned...no more "special occasions" until I get to my goal and maybe not even then if I can't do it without binging. A carb addict is still an addict and just a little of what you were addicted to can send you off the deep end all over again. If you can handle it, great...more power to ya! As for me...I must not be made of stuff that strong.

I understand your take on it, but I believe I am made of stronger stuff. LOL I mean, I used to be able not to even eat a drop of food for months in my early twenties. Believe me, it isn't will power that is my problem ... it is the thought of not having a way of life, but a restriction on life that bothers me.

The friend I wrote about has 7% body fat and eats carbohydrates daily, but has retrained the way he eats. He said that someday I will be the same way. Yesterday he told me to eat my veggies and high protein stuff first before ANY carbohydrate and today, I had the same five pound loss. No gain. I just don't think special occasions, heck, even once a month would hurt anyone's program as long as they got back to business the a day later.