View Single Post
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 20:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 210/208/140
BF:
Progress: 3%
Smile Early Mornings...

Well, even after reading through the entire thread, I've still got questions Must be since I'm not a big excercise guru *pokes her tummy* not that you could tell or anything. He he he.
But anyway! The question I had is... I'm new to the whole cardio and weight lifting scene. Currently I'm working out at a gym 3 days a week (M-W-F around 3:30 pm or so) using 30 second intervals of resistance training, then 30 seconds of aerobics. They say it's supposed to help keep you from pacing yourself and keeps you from fatiguing your muscles. But my question is, if I am doing my weight lifting on M-W-F, is it ok to do some aerobic excerises in the mornings? I have a Tony Little tape that I don't mind using in the mornings, he suggests weights, but I opt for just the workout since I'm already lifting weights. If I use the video during the mornings, is it ok to lift weights in the afternoons or do I need to alternate days? Since muscle burns fat 24/7 I'd prefer to lose fat to muscle! Another thing, is it alright to weight lift more than one day in a row? Every once in awhile I'll go on Fri and Sat. Is that going to damage lean muscle mass since I'm not giving it a day to recoup? Or is that alright as long as it's not frequent?
With all the exercise info out there it's really hard to know where to start. I think once I get a solid routine it won't be so mind boggling. Any advice would be great. Not sure how to mix things up so as not to get bored I'm so glad I found this site, you guys have such great advice and info! It's also reassuring to know you all are going through the same things, or have been here at one point. Thanks all !!!

~ Jamie ~