View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 14:20

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 197/184/145 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:45%/32%/22%
Progress: 25%
Default 1'd like a smaller size please

Hi everyone. I haven't been around much, dealing with some family things, but wanted to post a word of encouragement on clothing sizes. Last Thursday I had the opportunity to go to "the city" to visit family, and decided to pop into a mall to see if I could find a couple of pairs of size 14 pants. I tried them on, and when the sales lady came over to check on me, I beamed at her and said, "I'd like a smaller size please"

It turns out that I was so busy stretching the last wearable weeks out of my size 16 pants by scrunching all the extra waistband under a belt, that I skipped a whole size! I'm now back into a size 12. 5 pounds ago I couldn't get into the old size 12 pants I'd saved!

For those of you who are starting near my start weight, and aiming for a similar target...it doesn't seem to take a whole lot of poundage lost to make a big difference in clothing sizes. I started with a size 18 at 190 pounds. Now, 28 pounds lighter, I'm 3 dress sizes smaller, and back to the dress size I was when I got married 15 years ago.

...and yes, I did buy the pants, a matching jacket and top, and 2 other size 12 jackets to get me through the spring. I also offically packed away all my "fat clothes". My work closet mixture is now my new treasures, and ready to use again old skinny clothes that I loved so much the first time around, and will love even more now that they and my middle aged body have been recycled!

To top it all off, last night my dear husband told me I looked great! I'm on top of the world this weekend!!!!!

Sponsored Links