#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/192/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default A WOL, but ....

on days like today, I feel it's anything BUT that! My children received the tradition Easter baskets from moi. I always make a small one for my husband as well. Then there's me -- eating cheese.

I have a close friend/trainer who has lived low carb for an extremely long time now. He retrained his body and the way it processes food. Now he CAN have carbs, but not with every meal and he eats a large dose of protein before he ingests any carbohydrates. His body is amazing, but before he switched to this WOL, he was always overweight.

I told him that I don't know if I could happily handle not eating on major holidays and birthdays. My children and I all like cake ... not daily or even weekly, but when birthdays come along (4 a year), it's a staple.

I so want this to be a WOL for me, but I'm not sure if on special occasions depriving myself of anything would be a good thing. Anyhow, I told this to my friend and he said that it's a set up for a binge. He also said, "Eating a good amount of carbohydrates 10 days out of a whole year is NOT how you put on this weight." Made sense.

So, I'm asking ... do any of you just take special days off? Just to regain some sense of normalcy? I'm really curious.

I think this is exactly what I will do today. Not high carb, but eating carbohydrates with my Easter dinner. I have many high protein, no carbohydrate foods planned, but actually ... I would like to see what one day a month does to me. It would mean beginning induction all over again tomorrow, but if I begin it gaining all 5 pounds back, perhaps it will be with a lesson attached ... and the next birthday isn't until the beginning of May. Decisions, decisions.
Sponsored Links