Thread: The Fat Panic
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 09:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/160/150
BF:
Progress: 80%

I do this. I believe it is because I almost had to starve myself to lose any weight before. I was brought up eating low fat. At Halloween my mother used to take our candy that we got trick or treating and trade it for sugar free/no fat foods she got at health stores. So I don't think all of my brain has caught up with my body. I have been thinking low fat all my life and it can be so hard to change.
I have lost over 25 pounds on this WOE and still there are days I think I am nuts eating so much fat or I will find myself thinking that I am not any smaller. I KNOW that is not possible, but there is like this peice of me that whispers it in my ear. A cloud of doubt that hovers over me. I find myself asking my husband, "Do you think I look any smaller? I don't feel any smaller."
I know that is all nuts. I have done so WONDERFUL on this WOL. I have lost 27 pounds in a little over 2 months. I feel so much better about myself(on most days.) I know that I am smaller and that I am losing weight. My mind is slowly catching up with my body. Slowly.

Jess