View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 21:59

Plan: atkins,BFL
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default My strip is REALLY dark...a question...???

Hello Everyone!

I have been on the Atkins plan for 2 months now, staying around 20 carbs a day or less even after induction....very few cheats, but yesterday I gave in an had 2 crusty rolls and some jam. I usually use the strips everyday, drink plenty of water (around 80-120oz) and I'm usually showing a small amount of keytones, which makes sense with all that water. I have about 30-40lbs that I want to loose, but don't weigh in. Im hoping to just get into a size 9/10. My question is after yesterday (those rolls) I expected to test the strips tonight and find that I was negative, but instead, to my surprise, my strip turned a REALLY dark purple!! I have been very good today, and I tested at around 11pm, just before I was going to bed....does anyone have any input or answers to why that happened or did I just get lucky? I'll add too that I actually didn't drink the regular amount of water today (about 60oz)...would this have any effect also?? I know that the strips will be darker if your urine is more concentrated, but I was still surprised at the color tonight. If there is anyone out there that might have an explaination for me I'd LOVE to hear it!!

TS
Sponsored Links