View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 09:31

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi there! I have found that Wendy's has a wonderful salad called BLT Chicken Salad. It has grilled chicken, cheese, bacon, and mixed greens and tomatoes, cucumbers...just be careful about the dressing. At Burger King, I order the Grilled Chicken sandwich, toss the bun and order the side salad. Boston Market has a side salad that is too yummy...along with their roasted chicken and steamed vegetables. They have become my favorite place to go. Not that I'm able to do fast food that much, but it's good to know where to go and what is great low carb fare.

You know Bill, it's hard to consider changing this WOE after all the research one does on this WOL. I still have to struggle against chocolate. But I find myself thinking all this Easter candy is "poisin", not that I'm not tempted. But I can't imagine eating candy and desserts with abandon like I used to. I think once I get down to my desired weight, I might be able to splurge slightly at times, but not as a normal WOE. So yes, I do plan on eating this way for life. One thing I find interesting....I'm reading "Life Without Bread" right now. I just read a portion that suggests that eating low carb actually corrects insulin resistance. They glucose tested 7 people and recorded how they reacted to the glucose. Before low carbing...definite signs of hyperinsulinism. After just several months of low carbing, their reactions to the glucose was closer to normal than before. This gives me hope, that we are correcting the imbalances of a life of carb addiction.

I'm thankful that my family is supportive about this WOL for me. I know they've all been concerned because of my weight. So they see this is working for me. The proof is the weight loss. It's been eight months for me and I continue to shrink. Not terribly fast, but I am shrinking. So they are happy for me and some are even trying it themselves. Victoria