View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 01:41

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I'm concerned about the fillers and other things in the meat as well. Several of the chains at least advertize "all beef" patties and I would think they would be opening themselves up to lawsuits (at least in THIS country) if they had fillers in them.

I've found that I do very well on the LC Wendy's routine and so I usually just go there. Stick with what works.

I would also imagine that there wouldn't be enough fillers to really cause problems unless that is your main dining fare day after day.

As far as the family sabotage - I've actually be very lucky. Luckier than I though I would be. Of course, being a loner and not having much in the way of friends or family certainly helps in this area.

The one thing that I do see to not be able to get across is that this is a permanent WOL for me. Several times my dad and stepmom have referred to "after your diet" when I can have all the things I am "doing without" now and I have to repeat once again to them, "There is no "after" this diet. This is not a "diet". This is how I will be eating for the rest of my life. And that's okay because I enjoy this way of eating." They are finally catching on that I am serious about this. But, even though the permanence has been difficult for them to grasp, they have been fully supportive since about the second or third week.