View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 16:45
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

You could ask if you could read the thesis. I'm curious what research went into that. How can you write one (not that I have) with no research to back it up? Maybe you could get permission to post it here. The research is much more compelling in favor of low carb than anything else I've seen. People seem to base their "facts" on hearsay.

If you are required to write a paper on nutrition, maybe you could show her how it's done...with proper research. There are plenty of articles here.

I had a small confrontation today with someone about fat. She apparently has high blood cholesterol levels. She was complaining about not being able to eat something because it was high in fat (lamb chops). I told her the healthy benefits of fat such as soft skin, glossy hair etc. (she has dry pasty skin and short brittle hair--but that could be because of hair coloring). I told her that sugar and white flour were culprits in higher cholesterol. She just walks away. I had just earlier that morning seen her and two others dig into a chocolate cake with chocolate pudding and cool whip dessert with candy strewn through it and on top of it (sorry if it sets you off). They were eating this at 8 a.m. They offered some to me. I said, "maybe after lunch" to be polite. They said it probabaly would be gone by lunch so they were eating theirs now. She didn't seem too concerned about possible fat in that concoction, I suppose it must have had some, but lamb chops were bad??? Too good so that she had to put them in the freezer so she wouldn't eat them all tonight??? Her body is probably craving protein and healthy fat and she's denying it what it needs, for the sake of cholesterol????

Sorry, I'm on a rant...just ignore me if you don't want to hear it.
But I know where you're coming from.

Beth