#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 16:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/124/110
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default My own private Hell...

Hi all. As some of you know, I am in Dental Hygiene school. Right now, I am taking nutrition. Today was the first day this class met. The teacher was telling us how she wrote her thesis on how bad hi protein diets were, yadda yadda yadda. And of course other students chimed in. Even a student (whom I love dearly) but exercises like a fiend, and "eats right" but still has a tummy. No one at school knows that I am low carbing. I have found that it is easy to make it look like you are main stream lowfat dieting. Just make a lunch salad, and fill it up with meats and cheeses (with less salad - just try to get at least a small bit of green on your fork so people see salad). I don't have many full days at school, so it is easy to avoid the topic. When offered sweets, I just decline, that looks like normal dieting too. I am not ashamed, but school takes enough energy without having to deal with the onslaught of 30 something people telling you why the things you are doing are wrong. Plus, I am a firm believer in that different people need different methods.
Sponsored Links