#8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-02, 09:15
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/212/160
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Water Fountains

Nine times out of ten the water in water fountains is not filtered, just cooled. An easy way to check is to get a cup of tap water and a cup of fountain water and see if they smell the same. As to the earlier reply about drinking only distilled water, well I am sure it is very healthy but it tastes horrible. It tastes "dead" if such a thing could be said about water. I just can't worry about all the things that may potentially harm me thirty or forty years down the road. How would I live? The air we breathe is polluted. The water has chemicals. The food has hormones. The vegetables have pesticides. I can't go to a deserted "clean" island and be healthy. So I try to take only reasonable risks. The benefits of drinking water, even water that has particles in it outweigh the disadvantages. Also, what else are you going to drink? Soda? Where did there water come from? Tea? Perhaps if I can lose weight, exercise, and continue this WOL then my body will be strong enough to deal with it all. Once it doesn't have to work so hard to deal with the complications that being overweight brings.

Just a few thoughts... of low importance.

H