View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 21:08

Plan: sugar busters (modified)+eat right 4 your blood type
Stats: 175/166/160
BF:
Progress: 60%
Exclamation more on the water

Back to the water subject: I have really started to look into it and the results are a shocker! I now don't drink tap water at all because of the heavy metals, fluoride, chlorine, hormones (from pesticides) etc etc. Chlorine was used to gas soldiers in the first world war and flurine is used as rat poison.

Did you know that most of the "minerals" in springwater that the "experts" tell you is good for you is actually of the inorganic variety and therefore cannot be absorbed by your body anyway. They eventually trap in your body and cause problems later in life such as calcification of the tendons etc. When young, the body can get rid of about 10%, as we get older the rate drops to about 3%. That's 90-97% that the body can't dump.

Some of the most expensive imported spring water was tested and found to be worse than tap water! I have also personally tested double filtered water and found that the filters don't do much, mainly removing only the chlorine. Here are some of the test results I have found personally:
measurement is of dissolved solids such as heavy metals etc. in parts per million.

unfiltered tap water 100-270ppm
double filtered tap water (>1 micron 2nd filter/changed every 6mths) the same as unfiltered tap water 100-270ppm
reverse osmosis 16-100ppm (membrane change recommended ~ 3-5 yrs)
rainwater from a s/steel tank 4-17ppm (needs to have screens and gutters checked regularly)
distilled water 0ppm.

Obviously from these results distilled water is by far the best and safest as it has to be turned into steam in the distillation process. This will kill bacteria and virii. Next is probably rainwater, followed by reverse osmosis. In these 2 cases, it is highly recommended that you boil the water as I am told virii are small enough to get through the membrane.

So if possible stick with distilled water, your body will thank you for it. I know here in australia there are bottled water suppliers who make it, most likely also in your part of the world. You can buy your own distiller but the cost is fairly steep.

Hope this has been informative, it sure made me reconsider.

Oh, BTW happy easter all.