View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 17:31

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Veggies

If it's on the list, don't worry about the carb count. It also says that we're supposed to eat an average size serving of these at the Complimentary meals. I think 1/2 a cup of zucchini would be about average. But again, you don't have to measure.

This discussion came up a little bit ago about the amount of carbs in some of the foods on the CAD/CALP lists. I think that many of the vegetables, even though their carb count might be higher than other vegetables, are vegetables that will reduce cravings for carbohydrates. That is why they're on the list. I've not counted a single carb since I started this WOE and I've lost 16 pounds in just under 2 months.

I "look" at the carb counts in prepackated foods that I buy (mostly for Reward Meals) and if it's sky high, I try and choose something else. But the Reward Meal is different anyway :-)

I would go ahead and eat what you like and combinations of things you like off those lists. Be creative! And of course, let us know if you come up with anything yummy!

Lisa