#13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-28-02, 12:54

Plan: CALP
Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Carb counting

Quote:
But I did notice that in some of their recipes they use cream, sour cream, cottage cheese, and other things that are not listed in the book.

They are listed in the book.. under a heading that I'm not able to recall at this moment. My book is at my mom's house and I can't grab it to tell you the specific page.

I wouldn't buy a carb book yet until you're established in eating under the "rules" of the program. If you're looking for that information, you can find it online. There are probably a dozen carb counting tools on the internet.

The only carb counting you need to do is to make sure you're eating under 4 g during the Complimentary meals. For instance, say you grill up a buger, add some cheese and a slice of lettuce and you want some ketchup. THEN you should look at the carb count because Ketchup is one of those things that has sugars in it that can set off cravings.

You'll be able to tell what will set you off and what won't after a time. For me.. pasta sends me into a carbo-rama! I try to substitute other things (like cooked cabbage) for my pasta when possible.

Start writing down the breakfasts and lunches that you've especially enjoyed. One of my favorites is just basic grilled hot dogs, salad and some cheese on the side. When you don't have any ideas, you can always refer to your "list" for a breakfast or lunch idea.

Lisa