#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 18:09
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Lightbulb A Point to Ponder

I was at the SuperNastytm Discount Grocery store today and nearly went nuts at the bulk (ie candy and cookie) section. I had walked there, about 1 mile and a half, so I was pretty dazed, cold and tired. I just wanted a handful of bleepin' cookies!! It started getting me into a foul mood. I must have paced around for ten minutes, arguing with myself about whether or not I was "allowed" to have it.

But a few minutes later, I noticed that the store was unusually crowded. Then I remembered that it was the end of the month - disability/pension/welfare week. Then I noticed that almost everyone in the store was elderly. I noticed what they were buying - scary 99 cent no-name hot dogs, canned beans, and they were practically fighting like wolves over the day-old bread rack and the reduced produce rack. I wouldn't have fed my dog the stuff on the produce rack! It was nasty.

Then I just felt really thankful that I have the financial resources to *choose* food that was *good* for me. I emphasize "choice." I could have bought the candy and cookies if I wanted to, but I didn't.

My friends, we are not "deprived." We're lucky enough to be able to make good choices for ourselves!
Sponsored Links