Stats: 198/192/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Re: Welcome

Quote:
Originally posted by plshrk1
Hi Ann
Welcome.
Been there done that for a husband. I know it doesn't work that way. Yes, do it for yourself. Glad to meet you. I am a mom of two teens also, 37 years old, working fulltime as well and
my husband tells me how beautiful I am and doesnt want me to lose an ounce! He is in the dark bigtime. I am doing it for me, even though discouraged, I am a thin person inside crying to come out and want to be at least 50 lbs thinner myself.
There are a lot of great people on here. I am trying to learn to use this site myself. It's tricky for me, not sure why but...
will figure it out.
How long have you been at the current weight? I am a yo yoer and am heaviest myself as well. I used to average 170 until about 2 years ago I started going up up up each year.
Anyways, nice to meet you Ann and good luck with Atkins.
There are grocery list examples and recipies and all kinds of neat things here.

Hi, Celeste! Thanks for your reply. To tell you the truth, I knew in my heart how my husband felt, but DIDN'T know for sure. I had this feeling, but he's always supported me no matter what and this actually bothers me. I can't imagine wanting him at a thinner weight knowing he didn't want me when I was heavy. After all these years together, it just doesn't work that way for me! Whatever bond we had, he killed it, I think.
Anyhow, I have steadily gained for a few months now. I was at 150 back in June and due to just being sick of counting the calories, etc., I decided to just "wing it" and here I am -- almost 50 pounds later!
I always stayed around 150 pounds through counting every little thing, but after 13 years, I'm just sick of it. I need something a little simpler and that gives me some energy back because eating carbs just isn't doing it!
I hope to figure out all the tools here. I've read some post and really been inspired. It's after 1 here and I've had two low carb meals and I actually feel good and in control. Is this normal?
Anyhow, thanks again for responding!