View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 12:28

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 270/205/160 Female 5 feet 3.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Listen to Beth!

Celeste - Beth is an Atkins expert and absolutely right about everything she posted. Try to take her advice.

I can't stress enough how important it is to eat an adequate number of calories. For people who have spent time on low fat, calorie-restricted diets the concept of eating more than 1000-1200 calories on a "DIET" can seem like a fantasy. In reality, you need to support your basal metabolism. (You can do a quick estimate of how many calories that is by multiplying your weight by 9.817 for women or 10.908 for men.) For you at 204, that comes out to a little over 2000 calories - just for breathing, pumping blood...you get the picture. If you eat less than that, your metabolism will start to slow down because you are starving your body (like Beth said!).

Also, beware the dairy! I never knew that I had food intolerances of any kind before I started LC. Turns out, dairy and corn are not my best friends. I cut them out for 3 weeks and immediately noticed a big difference in my body's reaction and the scale. I have since reinstated a little dairy, but only occasionally. You might try cutting it out for a week and seeing what happens...

Good luck, Celeste. Don't give up yet! Sometimes it just takes a little longer to get in sync with your body. My apologies for not checking your journal before I posted here if all the answers to my questions are there - I'll go do that right now!
Dani