#252   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 10:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%
Default Woo Hoo Betsy

Betsy

Way to go! Congratulations on that extra pound that you've released to the universe...let someone else have it (that's what i say...lol). That was worth the 2 days of protein fast...I'm so glad it worked so well! Keep up the good work

Carol... the doctor and I talked about the stress factor but, my life is pretty unstressful right now. I used to consult all across the US (now, that was pretty stressful - but I loved the work)...except, I've just been focusing on getting well and Dh tries to keep the stress away from me. It's sort of an agreement that we have while I'm going through this (interim) illness. But, through this site, I found others who have had the same type of hair loss that I've had and the common supplement used to bring their hair back to a healthy (and usually they say thicker) state is Biotin. I've been taking it for about 3 months now and I'm finally seeing some of those baby hairs coming back in. So, now I take Biotin, MSM (helps my hair to grow back faster), Silica, Lecithin and and overall hair vitamin. The Lecithin and Biotin were also recommended by the Atkins center. Anyway, I'm hopeful that I will have all my hair again in one year (I'll probably have to cut it short...so, that it's all the same length...but, at least I'll have it again). Anyway, I though you might try the Biotin too...I would imagine that it's just as good for hair that's thinning because of stress.

DonnaJ...I think I went down right when you were finishing your bedroom...how did everything turn out? Were you happy with the results? Also, are you working on any other rooms? Our place was supposed to be ready yesterday, but, of course ...it's not done yet..lol. The new cabinets are in the vanity areas and the kitchen. All the new sinks are in and the plumming and electrical work has been done (I needed built in lighting to shine on some of the artwork that we've been buying). The living room, dining room, kitchen and bath/vanity areas have been repainted. But, the floors haven't been changed yet and they need to put all new appliances in the kitchen. Hopefully all of that will happen soon. Maybe next week we can move back in...I miss my bed! Did I tell you how proud I am of your weight loss? It must feel great to be in the 160's :yea: :yea: and that extra 5 pounds...wow! what a gift. Congratulations Donna!

How's Chris, Gilta and Shirley doing today?