#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-27-02, 07:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/192/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Cool New and Ready to Rock

Hi, everyone! I am Ann, an over 30 year old mom of two!

I am starting this low carb way of life on the advice of a good friend. I have been on every diet and eating plan known to mankind and finally my friend (who is a trainer) reviewed my menus and basically said, "You are living to eat. The carbs are killing you." He's convinced my sluggishness, naps during the day, and general grouchy attitude are all symptoms of eating way too many carbs.

I have read Atkins and The Carbohydrate's Addict book and am going with Atkins. I am at the highest weight I have been in my life and am scared to death.

After making this decision, my husband told me that my weight is the reason he is not sexually attracted to me anymore. He asked me if I would want to have sex with a person who had a body like mine. I told him that I wouldn't lose an ounce for him or anyone. I've been down that road before and it's a dead end. Any amount of weight I lose is to look and feel better about myself and that's it! Period!

Well, here I am ... just starting out. I think this forum will help a lot and I get forward to knowing many of you!
Sponsored Links